Castleton University is located in Castleton, Vermont, and has a student population of nearly 1900 full-time students, 1100 of which are residential students making Castleton University the largest residential college in the Vermont State Colleges System. They have a wide range of resources with over 75 programs of study and close to 80 full-time faculty. The average class size at Castleton is 17 students with a 12:1 student to faculty ratio.
Here you’ll find the definitive terms of Marlboro’s agreement with Castleton University:
Castleton University, a member institution in the Vermont State Colleges System, and Marlboro College, both institutions of higher education accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Commission of Higher Education (“NECHE”), have entered into this Exigency Transfer Agreement (“ETA”). This ETA will enable Marlboro College students enrolled as of the date this ETA is signed by both parties (“Students”) to complete a baccalaureate degree/master’s degree at Castleton University. Both Castleton University and Marlboro College enter into this ETA with an understanding that the terms enumerated herein should serve to foster student success.
Specifically, Castleton University and Marlboro College agree to the following:
- This ETA will become effective only after NECHE has approved all terms.
The obligations pursuant to this ETA shall terminate on the earlier of the following::
- The date all Students accepted by Castleton University pursuant to this ETA have either graduated from Castleton University or failed to be continuously enrolled in Castleton University; or
- July 1, 2024.
- Castleton University will waive admission application fees for Students applying through this ETA.
- Castleton University will accept Students who are in good conduct and good academic standing at Marlboro College as of July 1, 2020, including those who may be on a leave of absence.
- Castleton University will accept admitted Students’ academic credits completed at or transferred into Marlboro College with regard to fulfilling general education and major requirements so as to facilitate timely degree completion. This includes grades of D or above, but not incompletes.
- Castleton University will provide a financial aid package to each Student applying to Castleton pursuant to this ETA such that the Student shall pay an equivalent or lower net amount of tuition expense for 2020-2021 as the Student was billed by Marlboro College in 2019-2020, provided that no Student will be charged less than the equivalent of Vermont resident tuition at Castleton University, unless Castleton, in its sole discretion, chooses to offer the Student additional financial aid.
- Marlboro College will provide official final transcripts and other records (including without limitation financial aid packages and accounts receivable information) pertinent to all Students who transfer to Castleton University at no cost to the Student or Castleton within ten (10) business days of Castleton’s request. Castleton will permanently house these records.
- In order to earn a Castleton University degree, a Student must complete at least 25% of the required total credits for a degree at Castleton or receive written approval at the time of admission for a plan to complete a degree at Castleton with fewer than 25% of the total required credits.
- Any Marlboro College student who fails to apply, be accepted, and matriculate at Castleton University by August 15, 2020 shall be excluded from this ETA.
- All of the above terms and conditions shall apply in the event a Student should choose to apply to one of the Vermont State Colleges System’s other member institutions, namely, Northern Vermont University or Vermont Technical College.
Contact Information Includes:
Admissions Counselor: Spencer Knickerbocker
Dean of Enrollment: Maurice Ouimet