Marlboro College has ceased all operations as of August 15, 2020.
Please find below information regarding continuing services for members of the Marlboro community. This list will change as more services move to Emerson.
For all academic information including transcripts, replacement diplomas and degree verifications contact email@example.com.
The Marlboro College Archive is in transition to the Silver Special Collections Library at the University of Vermont. All inquiries can be directed to:
Silver Special Collections Library
48 University Place, Room B201
Burlington, VT 05405
All other questions can be directed to Verdolino & Lowey, P.C. at
For inquiries related to the campus, please contact https://www.degreesoffreedom.org/
— one of the lowest in the US.
of alumni say that Marlboro’s emphasis on self-directed learning has helped them continue to identify, develop, and pursue their ideas and interests.
miles of hiking and jogging trails on 350 acres.
The national average is 6.
That’s a lot of snow sculptures!
(a coveted dining hall tradition)
of Marlboro graduates say their education prepared them well for graduate school or further academic study.
Rhythms of becoming: The transformative potential of holistic education
"We explored contact improvisation as a metaphor for facing challenges in our lives."Read More
Cocoons: Transformation through fantasy
"Finally seeing my work come together as a show, after months and months of only being able to image and sketch, was incredible."Read More
Avenues of change: A study of development and social change with a focus on organizational strategies and structures
"What I remember most is the guidance and support provided by my sponsors throughout the process."Read More
That they can talk: Themes of communication in wordless novels and post-apocalyptic literature...features an original post-apocalyptic novel titled Under New Stars and a world synopsis and plot for a young adult fantasy trilogy.Read More
A wild door: Human experiences of nonhuman animality
"I argue for the utility of becoming-animal as a functional philosophical tool, a phrase that can sketch the dimensions of certain human-animal relationships with unique accuracy."Read More
Raise the rafters: A study of harmony through architecture, music, and craft theory
"I experienced great pleasure in finding a common thread that allowed me to explore multiple fields at once."Read More
Drawing from life: Possibilities in cartooning
"I’m real, real mean with a pen these days. "Read More
Rooted: Exploring ecological citizenship, reinvigorating a vital relation to the land
"Incalculable growth, emotionally and intellectually."Read More
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2431___2013-14_Kate_and_John_10-2013_Arial_Shots_MarlboroCollegeAerials_077.rev.1562414653.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2634_MC6520.rev.1563910612.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2632_190413KMF0736_2.rev.1563909810.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2474_OP_with_skis_2017.rev.1563810146.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2630_180217untitled_shoot13388.rev.1563909457.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2635_MC11642_2_2.rev.1563910612.jpg)"/>
- <div class="sub-hero-bg has-bg-image" style="background-image:url(/live/image/gid/2/width/1200/height/555/crop/1/2641_MC11197_2.rev.1563911819.jpg)"/>