Summer Programs Application
About the Admissions Process
Space is limited to 12 participants per program.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as they are received. A completed application includes the online form and statement of interest; only completed applications will be considered.
Those who complete the application process by midnight on Saturday, March 15, 2014 will receive an automatic 10% discount. Those who complete the application process by midnight on Wednesday, April 30, 2014 will receive an automatic 5% discount.
If you wish to apply for financial aid in addition to the automatic discounts, there is a separate financial aid form, which must also be submitted.
- Complete the online application form (below)
- Choose one of the prompts below and submit a 350-500 word statement of interest via email to (email@example.com).
NOTE: The summer program admissions team has no preference for which prompt you pick -- choose the one that most appeals to your style and strengths! Whichever you choose, make sure you find a creative way to tie the program topic(s) into your statement of interest.
- The straight up prompt: Why does/do the program topic(s) excite you? What do you hope to get out of the program(s) and what will you contribute in return? If you are applying for more than one program, what are the connections between the programs in your opinion or your own life?
- The creative prompt: Pick one of the following three phrases and write a story or statement that begins with or incorporates the phrase somewhere: "a plate of sunshine," "the fickle finger of fate," "if you don't risk anything, you risk more." Make sure your story connects in some way to the Marlboro Pre-College Summer Program(s) to which you're applying!
- The "make a difference" prompt: Imagine you have been granted three wishes, but you can't use them for yourself. You have to use them to make a positive change in the world. What would your three wishes be and why? How do your wishes relate to the Marlboro Pre-College Summer Program(s) for which you're applying? If you're thinking about more than one program, how do your wishes make an impact in multiple areas?
Step 3: If you are planning to apply for financial aid, please submit the application form ASAP following your application.