Federal Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) for BSMIS Students
All federal Grad PLUS loans must be borrowed through the Direct Student Loan Program (also known as William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program).
If you will be applying for a federal Grad PLUS loan the following information will guide you through the loan application process.
- Application/Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Marlboro College’s PLUS processing form
How do I apply?
- Log onto www.studentloans.gov. In the “Manage My Direct Loan” section click on “Sign In”. You will need your PIN from the FAFSA to sign in.
- To obtain information on browser compatibility, on this website refer to the “Learn More” section and click on “What you need for Direct Loans”
- Documents you will need to complete your MPN :
- Your PIN from the FAFSA to electronically sign the MPN
- Your personal information including social security number and your drivers’ license
- Your employer information
- Helpful hints:
- You must complete your MPN in 30 minutes or less
- You cannot use the back button
- There is no save option
Why is a master promissory note (MPN) needed for my Grad PLUS loan?
If you are borrowing a federal Grad PLUS loan you must complete a master promissory note. This note is your contract; by signing it you are agreeing to repay your loan and abide by the terms and conditions of the loan.
What are the benefits of the Direct Loan Program?
A fixed interest of 6.41%.
Where do I obtain the Marlboro College Grad PLUS processing form?
Please contact the financial aid office at email@example.com if you did not receive a PLUS processing form along with your financial aid award letter.
Do I have a deadline?
Marlboro College’s deadline is: Fall 2013: September 6, 2013; Winter 2014: January 3, 2014; Spring 2014: May 2, 2014.